‘Move in freedom’ is the theme of our annual Freedom Run.
A special version is it going to be with an additional tribute to our liberators.
Now it is still possible it seemed great to them in life. Yes even one of the liberators to be present at the event so that you, too, can meet that is the endeavor!
You’re going to see them at all our expressions, on banner, facebook, website, start number, seven faces of veterans. They have all fought near Eindhoven, Son and Best.
The participants shall accede this year, literally, on the beautiful and historic trail, following in the footsteps of these seven liberators
- Parking: limited parking on and around the grounds of the museum ‘Wings of Liberation’.
- Changing and shower facilities: not present. Bags can be left in the special event accommodation (not guarded) or in the private car.
- Toilets: sufficiently present
- First aid: present.
- Starting number: can be picked up at the venue. Entry on October 28, is possible until 30 minutes before the start, the extra costs 3 euros per distance.
- Time display: a match clock stands at the start-finish point only for the distances of 4, 8, or 10 miles. There is no time registration per runner.
- Care: there is a water station and vegetables after the finish. In the event accommodation are for own account drinks & pastries for sale.
- Fans: are welcome in the event accommodation and to the course. Adults and children should not be on the course for runners not to bother and to avoid dangerous situations! Young children play in the playground. There is no child care available!
- 0.5 mile – 11:30 hr
- 1 mile – 11:30 hr
- 8 miles – 12:00 hr
- 10 miles – 12:15 hr
- 4 miles – 12:30 hr
The museum parking lot is located near the Museum Wings of Liberation. On 17 September 1944 the air landings of operation Market Garden took took place in this area. This action was start of the liberation of South-Netherlands.